Wednesday 30 September 2009

Circles in my mind

I see myself as a struggling musician. Well at the moment it might be appropriate to say that.
I seriously want to get into songwriting and get the hang of it. So far in my life I've only finished 3 songs, and that was a few years ago.

Drafts? HUNDREDS of em! and yet i haven't been able to finish em all.
There's this thing about songwriting that seems to be driving me around in circles all the time.

This is what happens every time I attempted to make a song...

It started with a tune that I made in my head or out of random guitar playing, then I tried singing and putting random lyrics into it. I started feeling the song and then if I always have this tearing up feeling if i think the song's going to turn out good. Then IT STOPS. Right in the middle of developing it, I've always lost it. Whatever the reason maybe, mostly it's because i couldnt find the right lyrics and structure of the song, or the melody that i dont think it's catchy enough.

Ok, i know it's bad to judge a song even before it's even finished... because probably what i consider isn't catchy would prove to be a catchy tune for others.
But then again, how would I be able to finish a single song if I never feel good about em?
Another limiting belief perhaps. Another road block to be leaped for me. So far I just haven't been able to.

Any ideas on how to make you feel good about your own songs, let me know. Would definitely appreciate what you think of this...

On that note, I'm sharing you this line that I'm expanding on at the moment.


You're half of an item, but somehow I know you're worth my wait...
I know, I know..



Signing out,
Aldo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

think about me, you'll feel good then :P